The Naperville Park District is looking for a qualified candidate to join our park maintenance department as a Park Specialist I. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional in the area of Sports Complex and general landscape maintenance to utilize their skills in a team environment to make a positive impact on the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a wide variety of park maintenance tasks including but not limited to; trail maintenance, horticultural care of landscape beds and custodial duties on a daily basis.
- May be asked to act as a crew leader to assigned staff and volunteers by orienting and training.
- Clean and maintain parks through litter pickup, garbage removal, recycling activities, and conduct scheduled inspections to district amenities as assigned.
- May be asked to participate in park maintenance operations such as controlled prairie and woodland burns, hardscape and pond maintenance.
- Support special event set up, tear down and maintenance during the event.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods and of forestry, turf, and horticulture development and maintenance.
- Demonstrate abilities to apply fertilizers and pesticides at manufacturer’s application rates.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in agronomy, horticulture, turf management, forestry or related field.
This position is subject to a post offer physical.
Health Insurance, Dental, Insurance, Vision, IMRF, Sick time, Personal time, Vacation time, Referral bonus, Free Fitness Center membership, free Centennial Beach membership, discount on golf rounds at Springbrook & Naperbrook Golf Course. Free or reduced rate on programs.